[Grok-dev] Grok and chameleon

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 10:42:14 EST 2010

Souheil CHELFOUH wrote:

> That's probably a bit early to start and argue about back compatibility.
> Let's try and do the best option for Grok and see how we can get some
> backward compatibility.

I don't mean to harp on about this, but statements like that are
incredibly dangerous. If you want people to use your software, you can't
leave backwards compatibility as an after-thought. Unfortunately,
perfect is quite often the enemy of good when it comes to releasing
software that is actually used in the wild, as is grokcore.view.

Martin