[Grok-dev] [OT] Marketing: noSQL?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Feb 15 16:06:11 EST 2010

Hey,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Jim Pharis <binbrain at gmail.com> wrote:
> This year at the NoSQL conference in New York I asked the organizers the
> same question, "how come ZODB didn't get any love?". I think the general
> impression is ZODB isn't a standalone solution and its tied to Zope.

> I think getting some ZODB love on the NoSQL website is a good start. But
> that would just peek the potential users interest. Then they go to the
> homepage for ZODB, http://wiki.zope.org/ZODB/FrontPage for more indepth
> information. The site is on the Zope wiki and the page almost presents ZODB
> as an afterthought for Zope rather then a technology on the forefront of
> NoSQL. There's no clear message conveyed, "this is how wonderful ZODB is,
> and its not just for Zope".

Yes, bad, I agree completely. I've tried to induce people to create a
proper website for the ZODB for years now, but with limited uccess.

I'll note that this is the best hope we have to get a proper ZODB site
at some point:

http://docs.zope.org/zodb/

It's a sphinx site so pretty easy to manage, and it actually does
provide a lot of useful content. It just has a bad home page. If it
could be spruced up and perhaps labeled zodb.zope.org, or zodb.org,
we'd get somewhere.