[Grok-dev] how to manage the versions files, a plan

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 04:08:09 EST 2010

Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> I'm +1 to a versions-update script that donwloads the new versions.

A few random thoughts:

* I like the idea of some support scripts and tool surrounding the release *and*
to make the grokproject tool a bit more intelligent about retrieving version
information and putting it into the newly created project.

However,

* There's the "extends cache" option in buildout that we could encourage (like
grokproject encourages to have a ~/.buildout/default.cfg). If this option works
reliably, we could actually do less than we do now, as all extends reference can
be left in place as the information is cached for offline use. In other words,
the newly created project's buildout could "just" extend the grok.cfg and
ztk.cfg and zopeapp.cfg...

Just some thoughts :-)

regards,
jw