[Grok-dev] New grokcore for messages

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 12:59:30 EST 2010

> If you used grokcore.view and and grokcore.message together in an
> application, you would expect View.flash to be available. Does this mean
> that grokcore.view needs to depend on grokcore.message?

Well, yes.
We have had plenty of problem with that, notably in megrok.layout,
where we needed to have mixin for all the types, to get the
application_url and flash.
It would be harmless, in my opinion, to have grokcore.view depend on
grokcore.message.
That adds a package in the dependency and, if you don't need a
messaging system, it's an overhead. But, it's the same about "static"
and plenty other things, I guess.

- Souheil