[Grok-dev] zc.buildout 1.5.0

Christian Klinger cklinger at novareto.de
Wed Sep 8 04:00:43 EDT 2010

Hi Gary, Hi Jeffery,

i have found the bug! I try to describe whats going on. If you have
a clean virtualenv and you run grokproject, grokproject will download
and install zc.buildout for you. But it downloads it with no version
information.

You can see the specific code here (take a look on the run_buildout
function):

http://svn.zope.org/grokproject/trunk/grokproject/utils.py?rev=112444&view=auto

After successful download it will run the regular buildout. But there
is a version pin of zc.buildout on version list of ztk:

http://svn.zope.org/*checkout*/zopetoolkit/trunk/ztk.cfg?rev=108938

This causes the conflict.

The question is what can we do?

I mean we can pin the downloading of zc.buildout in grokprojcets
utils.py, something like this:

   setuptools.command.easy_install.main(extra_args
                                ['-mNxd', tmpdir', zc.buildout==1.4.3'])

I hope someone comes up with a better idea.

Christian