[Grok-dev] zc.buildout 1.5.0

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Sep 8 09:24:27 EDT 2010

Hi there,

On 09/08/2010 10:00 AM, Christian Klinger wrote:
> i have found the bug!

Thank you very much for looking into this, this is good debugging work!

> The question is what can we do?
>
> I mean we can pin the downloading of zc.buildout in grokprojcets
> utils.py, something like this:
>
>     setuptools.command.easy_install.main(extra_args
>                                  ['-mNxd', tmpdir', zc.buildout==1.4.3'])
>
> I hope someone comes up with a better idea.

Thanks for looking into this!

I suggest we hardcode this in grokproject for now, and get a bugfix
release out. Do you have permissions to do this?

As a next step we need to work towards actually officially supporting
buildout 1.5.x, as it has nice features.