[Grok-dev] Grok Sprint

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Feb 2 18:54:41 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I'd like to experiment with a port of Grok to Pyramid. We got the
original Grok together in little over a week on top of the ZTK (well,
Zope 3 at the time) and that was partially the design process.

With Martian and a known design it should be relatively easy to make
something "work-alike" on top of Pyramid. The main drawback is that I
don't know Pyramid as well as I knew Zope 3 at the time, though many of
the concepts are the same of course. The other drawback is that Pyramid
does less, so we need to figure out which other components can fill in
the gaps.

Then there's the question on how this relates to Cromlech, which I'm
curious to hear about more as well. Perhaps some of the work or lessons
learned on Cromlech can be reused with this project.

I'm also interested in doing work on Fanstatic, and experimenting with
how Obviel could relate to the server-side.

To go really to the client-side I'm interested in experimenting with
auto-binding template languages in Obviel, and also with better ways to
do databinding in Obviel (for forms and other things).