[Grok-dev] overridding default form templates

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Wed Sep 12 07:00:01 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 18:50 +0530, Joshua Immanuel wrote:
> I was trying to override the default form template for grok.AddForm
> using grok.PageTemplateFile
>
> In the overridden template file I was using a macro to fill a slot
> with form contents.
> But, while rendering this page I get the following traceback
> >   File
> "/opt/buildout/eggs/zope.tal-3.5.2-py2.7.egg/zope/tal/taldefs.py",
> line 172, in getProgramVersion
> >     if (len(program) >= 2 and
> > TypeError: object of type 'Macro' has no len()

To further debug this, I changed the buildout.cfg to use the grok 1.4.1
release

        extends = http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/1.4.1/versions.cfg

and I removed the package grokcore.chameleon from 'install_requires' of
setup.py

Then I changed the macro access path expression from

        metal:use-macro=

        "path:context/@@dashboard/template/macros/dashboard_layout">

        metal:use-macro=
                "context/@@dashboard/macros/dashboard_layout">

Now, my extended form template renders properly inside my custom layout
macros. Can someone point me to the problem?

--
Joshua Immanuel
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited