[Grok-dev] Grok-dev Digest, Vol 89, Issue 2

Paul Sephton prsephton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:26:46 CEST 2015

On 9/21/2015 12:00 PM, grok-dev-request at zope.org wrote:
> By the gods!  Where were you two years ago when I was trying to learn Grok!?
Ha Ha, I appreciate your comments!

I have found grok to be an amazing RAD tool for two reasons:

    a)  It provides you with all the power of the Zope Component
    Framework (ZCF) without the pain of having to use ZCML (Zope Config
    XML) and
    b)  It's just so easy to adapt existing code as requirements change

I refuse to be an apologist for the ZCF- it's an amazing achievement by
some great Python coders, and well worth learning even if you never use
grok.  I think a lot of peoples gripe with the ZCF was due to the use of
ZCML for site configuration for Zope-3, and I don't really think Pyramid
gains a whole lot by hiding the ZCF from developers.

Anyway, thanks and good luck,
Paul