[Gsoc] proposal suggestions

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 06:47:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
>  Well, in a way. In fact the current docgrok and the Grok object
>  introspector are tied up (or "integrated"), where the latter uses
>  functionality from the first, where appropriate. So you can examine a
>  ZODB object (introspector) supplemented by information grabbed in the
>  respective package by docgrok etc. So 'introspector' in my proposal
>  means both: the ZODB browser and the package browser. I should have make
>  that clearer in my proposal.

No, that was clear. I'm trying to say that Martins proposal is neither
of these. It's a component registry tool.

>  > Martin is concentrating on the component registry introspector, so
>  > Jesper might look at building the base for better object inspectors,
>  > and Uli on the documentation tool?
>
>  By "documentation tool" you mean the Grok introspecor/docgrok?

Yes.

>  And by  "object inspectors" basically a ZODB browser/information gatherer?

Right.

You could say that the difference is by inspecting classes, and
showing the API and docstrings (doc tool), and inspecting objects and
it's attributes and annotations (introspector).

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64