[ZDP] mod_pcgi vs. pcgi

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:08:52 -0400

> mod_pcgi is an Apache module that does the same thing as the PCGI CGI
> script but doesn't need to be separately started up every time, thus
> speeding up access. As an Apache module, it is part of the Apache process
> itself.

One of the things that DC and Jeff Bauer have talked about is that we'd like
to decouple the process activation part of PCGI from the actual PCGI
protocol.  mod_pcgi is designed to implement the protocol section.  There is
a second component we're working on for Zope2 called ZDaemon that will be a
generic daemon framework that will deal with process activation, etc.

Chris