[ZDP] FAQ Tool Working Group

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 13:14:13 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 01:14:29PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
> > * Lots of different output formats; Structured Text and HTML perhaps
> > initially, later on Docbook SGML or possibly a FAQ SGML format about
> > there was some discussion, as well. The SGML can then be translated into
> > lots of stuff. Easy downloads of all these outputs.
>
> I honestly don't see as anything but ST and HTML will really be of that
> much interest to the world.  You could provide an XML representation of
> it if you needed---I could write the DTD if you need one.

Well, I am very interested in a way to output the FAQ as SGML. I maintain
a linux mini-HOWTO that I am slowly converting to DocBook SGML. It's
format is such that it is not too different from a FAQ, so hope to be able
to use the FAQ tools to deal with my howto... including having a nice
automated way of having it spit out the SGML (for the LDP - Linux
Documentation Project).

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]