[ZDP] (Fwd) Re: [ZDP] REVIEW: Proposed Zope Developer's Guide Outlin

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 25 May 1999 22:00:10 +0200

Rik Hoekstra wrote:

> Martijn Pieters wrote:
> > At 09:16 21/05/99 , Rik Hoekstra wrote:
> > >Implement them as a ZClass.
> >
> > Problem is: the current ZDP site runs on 1.10.2. ZClasses are currently
> > part of Zope 1.11.0pr1 and Zope 2.0.0a1, both unstable releases. Actual
> > development with ZClasses is therefore still hairy.
> >
> > I don't think we can do any real stuff with them until the first beta of
> > Zope 2.0.0
>
> Ok. But that will be in a month or so if I understand it rightly. That
> should be no problem. Unless someone has something ready by this
> afternoon....

So, when, where, and how will we implement CoolFAQ? Where do we start?
We can't use ZClasses yet, so let's ignore them for a now, so that we
can start development now. We can always redo CoolFAQ in ZClasses later,
in the knowledge that implementing the same at least thing twice is
inevitable anyway (and almost desirable as the software becomes so much
more elegant the second way around..)

Regards,

Martijn