[ZDP] Update ZDP

Howard Clinton Shaw III shawh@sths.org
Thu, 27 May 1999 12:13:42 -0500

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Tom Deprez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To fullfill Martijn's whish :-), we've updated the ZDP once more.
>
> >From the home page, I've removed the link to guide, because I think nothing
> is in there, only folders.
>
> I've created a new tree in /guide, called ZBook.
>
> At the start page a direct link goes to ZBook.
>
> Modifications to ZBook will be done by using Versions.
>
> Also updated the Turtorial in ZBook... have a look and send your opinions.
> Thanks. However, style are still applied (don't know a better solution yet)
> and because of the use of <pre></pre> tags, the page sometimes need to be
> scrolled horizontally. (We need to use <pre></pre> because otherwise the
> DTML code will become unreadable)
>
> I think, we should think of a frames version of ZBook too. This can be
> easely done, thanks to Zope's power :-). I leave this job to our technical
> expert, Martijn (If you got time offcourse). This would help to make the
> tree width smaller etc, if needed (if you get my point).
>
> Regards, Tom.

Why not create an external method that takes the unparsed DTML or structured text and
uses regular expressions to replace the '<' and '>' characters with the escaped HTML versions -
&lt; and &gt;? Then you wouldn't need to use <pre> tags, and it wouldn't expand beyond
all reasonable bounds.

--
Howard Clinton Shaw III - Grum
St. Thomas High School