[ZDP] Réf. : [ZDP] About Michel posting

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:53:02 -0500

Rik Hoekstra wrote:

> Maybe Michel could also comment on what he thinks how ZBook and his book
> relate to each other. DC is a bit vague and inconsistent on that as far as
> I'm concerned.

Please feel free to review the proposed outline:

http://www.digicool.com/michel/ZopeBook/

> For the time being, let's stick with our plans, and try and get them out
> quickly. Perhaps move the accent towards examples, and also present them in
> downloadable format, so that people have a sort of 'Zope-recipes' at hand.
> Perhaps we should make ZBook (also) an interactive Zope tutorial in Zope.

Yes that is a great idea.  The above outline is written in XML, and
turned into a pseudo-web app with DTML and DOM methods.  If you'd like
me to export the whole proposal so you can see how the whole shebang
works, I will.

> I propose to elaborate my contribution of last week (DTML and Zope contexts)
> into
> a chapter of some sorts that would be called 'changing Zope contexts' -
> covering factoring out common elements, acquisition (and
> its limitations) and the relationship between authorization and acquisition
> (as far as I understand that myself). I feel (as Martijn also remarked) this
> is
> the part in Zope people have most difficulties with, and that an integrated
> treatment of the subjects.

If you look at my outline, you'll see that many of my chapters are very
simple (when I say 'my' BTW, I mean myself and Dan).  Your 'changing
zope contexts' chapter is probably more advanced than any of the
chapters in my outline.

> Dody and I agree that the overlap with other parts of the ZBook will do no
> harm, as it treats the same subjects from different points of view.

I agree.

-Michel