[ZDP] Zope Context

Dody Gunawinata dody_g@eles.com
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:12:30 +0100

> I propose to elaborate my contribution of last week (DTML and Zope contexts)
> into
> a chapter of some sorts that would be called 'changing Zope contexts' -
> covering factoring out common elements, acquisition (and
> its limitations) and the relationship between authorization and acquisition
> (as far as I understand that myself). I feel (as Martijn also remarked) this
> is
> the part in Zope people have most difficulties with, and that an integrated
> treatment of the subjects.

One thing that I think is missing from our discussion about ZCL. Do we
assume that the reader has already known about the "administration" part
of Zope ? How about the knowledge about what a folder is, what is a
properties, how to set them up, etc. The non "direct-coding" part.
Should we rely that on the Zope Administrator Guide ? What is a
folderish object ? What's a folder ?

These are especially important when we are talking about the Zope
context.

Currently, for my DTML-Var part, the examples has always used full
qualified variable call (REQUEST.form[..etc), and with a special
treatment with examples on the naming lookup/context (limited to the
REQUEST variables) -- and point to the context/chapters for more
in-depth.
and one section explaining the ways to set up "LOCAL VARIABLES" in DTML.

dody