[ZDP] FYI: Documentation Futures

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:38:31 -0500

hey everyone,

I can only speak for the ZQR and maybe David can throw in some other comments.

ZQR is currently maintained at the Zope site under Members/ZQR. Everyone who
wants to work on it regulary can get the password from David, Brian or me. ZQR
is written in XML and then imported to Zope using XMLDocument. We have a signin
file that tells us who is working at what time on which part. That worked out
great so far.
 I talked briefly to Chris Petrelli (hope thats spelled right) last week about
the format, since the ZQR is pretty much unindexed when printed. He metioned
that we could convert the file to PDF or another format from time to time with
DC's help. Someone also replied to one of my mails telling me about a product
(FOP) that converts XML+XSL to PDF. Sounds good to me. David wants to wait with
the conversion till we get ZQR 1.0 out.

cheers,
stephan
 --