[ZDP] FYI: Documentation Futures

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:38:02 +1000

>>> Alexandre Ratti wrote
> I'll second Amos here. We'd need a peer review process for howtos so that
> new users who want to write one can feel more confident about there writings.
>
> Writing a howto is very useful both for the writer and other users, but you
> don't want your misconceptions to end up in the final docs.

What about some sort of slashdot-like discussion attached to howtos?

You'd then look at some sort of moderation or rating system, then maybe
an auto-revision of howtos (including version numbers?)

The discussions would attach to a particular revision of a howto - so the
author could take the comments, and fold them into a new version.

Seem reasonable?

Anthony