[ZDP] FYI: Documentation Futures

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:15:17 +0200

Yes,

I had such products (squishdot; KM|Net News; Knowledge Base) in mind when
making a summary of our ZDP requirements :

http://www.zope.org/Members/srichter

But! ZDP needs some more... ie. It should be easy to categorise the
howto's... and do not forget! ZDP is not only about howto's!!

Yes, something which allows to publish drafts and comments -to these drafts
and allows that changes can be made to the original draft- is the basic
needed tool! BUT!! to have the BEST tool from the start, it also should
incorporate something to categorise (platform dependant, ...) these drafts
AND it should need some other extra information! See all this at

http://zdp.zope.org/FolderTom (I wonder if lot's of people have read these
summaries)

Unfortunately, at this moment, these products don't give us much of this
extra features which ZDP certainly needs, will it survive and contain
1000's of information.(It needs to be maintainable and easy accessable to
the correct information!!!) I had hoped that a person(s) which already has
such a background (of such tools) would like to invest some time in our
proposition.

Regards, Tom.