[ZDP] Zope Documentation Portal Community Policy

Michael Simcich msimcich@accesstools.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:42:28 -0700

Hi all -

Sounds like a great bunch of ideas to me. I've been researching something
like this for quite a while now, but since my level of zope zen is quite
low, I may not be able to contribute much beyond moral support.

Regarding this part:

>>How do we know what documentation applies to what Zope version?

>We have been talking about this, but we have not yet come to a solution.
>I don't think it would be great to add a version property to all
>documents. Instead, I would like to store the creation date explicitely
>and infer the Zope version from it.

I don't know if it's a practical approach. It's likely that much new
documentation would apply equally to older versions of Zope, so not too much
could be inferred from testing the doc date against a Zope release date.
Unless I'm missing something? Maybe something like a ver property isn't very
appealing, but it would be practical.

Michael Simcich
AccessTools