[ZDP] Stephan is back

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:49:05 +0100

Tom Deprez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Without Stephan's approval, or somebody elses aproval, I made Stephan
> maintainer of ZIT. If somebody doesn't want this, just let me know and I'll
> change it. Or Staphan, if you don't want, just change it.
>
> Soon, we'll launch the new ZDP officially, but first we need some things
> done :
>
> 1. Updating of ZCL to version 2. And adding all our existing drafts to it.
> Kamo, let me know when/where I can add my drafts to it. Then visitors can
> give comments to them , etc...
> 2. Some improvements on some of the text
>    ( Martijn Faassen, do you know some inspiration for writing a history of
> ZDP? )
> 3. ZQR is fully moved
> 4. Rik finds a way to maintian ZSnippets (I thought Rik proposed this, if
> I'm wrong, just let the right person tell me this)

I did. Is there an infrastructure for this in the ZDP Tools (haven't had
the chance to study them yet), or shall I invent one myself ;-) I'm
afraid I have lost track of the where and what of the restructuring of
all ZDP parts. Perhaps it is time to do some consolidating.

> 5. (Perhaos ZFAQ if I find time)

There recently was a question for a FAQ on the ZOPE list, and there is a
host of questions recurring there as well, so a FAQ revival would be
useful I think

> I also hope that other active ZDP members create a member folder at the new
> ZDP. Also David, please add your member folder, so we can assign you as
> maintainer of ZQR (if everybody agrees).
>
> mmmm, perhaps I need to make another folder to which we can browse to see
> what needs to be done? and on which stage we're... (global ZDP).

I thought the ZDP tools had some provisions to do that automatically...
However, you always have to add some items themselves, as we ourselves
are not (yet?) plugged into the framework.

Rik