[ZDP] Réf. : Re: [ZDP] Zbook drafts

kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:28:18 +0100

>Kamon,
>
>Can you give some more information/example on your suggestions here. I
>don't fully get it.
>
>First this. Is it so that we can have multiple drafts per
>chapter/subchapter? What then do you mean with drafts? Different versions
>of the same text or different text? The last one seems strange because a
>different text should be in it's appropriate chapter/subchapter, not?

I know it is difficult for me too to understand things.
I just realized that what we are trying to do is similar to a CVS system.
So if we agree on this I will try to correct myself here:

- There is a draft submitted, and users can send comment after reading by
using a Comment button on the draft page (e.g. at the bottom)
- 2 days later, the contributor/maintainer after incorporating changes,
want to submit the next version of his draft. He goes in the
chapter/subchapter (at the same place) and simply replace the draft by the
new version.
- After complete review (including from experts from DC and the community),
the draft is OK and it's status changes from "Draft" to e.g. "Accepted".

So I agree that I made a mistake when I mentioned the possibility to see
multiple drafts of the same document.

>Then :
>eg. >The drafts are listed in a flat view (drafts flat view) as an option
>>allow people to get them without too much clicking.
>Reader can create a comment from the draft's page.

OK. Finally, I think the current display is fine.
I have to replay with it today to understand how to add drafts and have
them visible using the <dtml-var mydraft fmt=structured-text> thing in _a
few clicks_.

>How do they come to this page? Again, what do we mean with drafts? (see
above)

>Thanks, Tom.

Kamon