[ZDP] CSS

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Mon, 08 May 2000 21:33:41 +0200

Hi Stephan !

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Wow, I cannot believe you said that.
>
> 1. Stylesheets are your friend. In professional development almost nothing
> is done without them.

OK. But I wonder why yahoo.com does not use Stylesheets ?
It is one of the most successful sites on the Internet, and still
no CSS.

> 2. You guarantee a uniform look and feel.

OK, but you override the defaults of the browser that people are
using, aren't you ?

> 3. Stylesheets and Zope work very nice together.

I am no expert on CSS, but it is always good to have a strong opinion
about things you don't really know about ;-)

> 4. You load less bytes, since you do not have to specify colors and fonts
> all the time.

This is true !

> 5. If you don't like your color scheme anymore (like my client this past
> weekend), it takes 30 min to make the changes, instead of hours.

This is another good point.

> I really would like to know what problems you had in the past. Could it be,
> that you did not use the stylesheets correctly?

Yep.

Thanks very much for your criticism !

Let's go the CSS road.

Best regards,