[ZDP] Webdesign..

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Tue, 9 May 2000 21:53:58 +0200

Hi!

> I had a look at the page below. I like it very much; I find it pretty elegant.

Thanks :)

> A couple of minor nitpicks:
> - The page might be slightly too wide. Is it possible to avoid hard-coding
> the page width so that it can it displays OK even on low-resolution screens?

I simply used the tables which I found on the original site. But shouldn't
width=600 be ok on most browsers and resolutions?

> - Navigation bar under Zope Documentation Portal: do you plan to use an
> image map here or can you use individual images for each item (about, etc.)
> with standard links? I'd rather avoid using any map to keep it low tech if
> we can get away with it.

I thought of single images build with a table. One could then also make
some sort of rollover easily (and as this part shouldn't change on every page this
could then be cached.)

> - At first sight, the Zope logo might be a bit too small compared to the
> large title.

This was the only one I had - I pulled it from lib/python/Apps/www from the
Zope installation. If there are others, please tell me.

> Keep up the good work!

This might not be the last version but as said before maybe first the
full requirements for the site should be defined and then we should think
about how to do layout stuff and so on..

-- christian