[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Extending Zope

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:43:29 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/CustomZopeObjects.stx#3-60

---------------

      Property Sheets have two uses.  As you've seen with this example,
      they are a tool for organizing related sets of properties about your
      objects, second to that, they are used to generate HTML forms and
      actions to edit those set of properties.  The HTML edit forms are
      generated automatically for you, you only need to associate a view
      with a Property Sheet to see the sheet's edit form.  For example,
      return to the ZooExhibit ZClass and click on the *Views* tab and
      create a new view with the name *Edit* and associate it with the
      method *propertysheets/ExhibitProperties/manage_edit*.

        % Anonymous User - May 22, 2002 6:58 am:
         Using Zope 2.5.1, I seem to only have "propertysheets/ExhibitProperties/manage" (which seems to do the same
         as "manage_edit")

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 19, 2002 11:46 am:
         Before returning to the ZooExhibit ZClass (last sentence), I assume you should "Save changes". WARNING: Your
         browser may have cached the ZClass Views page, and "propertysheets/ExhibitProperties/manage" will not appear
         in the Methods list.

        % Anonymous User - Dec. 13, 2002 9:43 am:
         I confirm, 6 months later with Zope 2.6, there is still no manage_edit.. but a
         propertysheets/ExhibitProperties/manage