[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Components and Interfaces

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Sat May 8 06:59:41 EDT 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/ComponentsAndInterfaces.stx#2-35

---------------

    Interfaces can be queried for information.
    The simplest case is to ask an interface the names of all
    the various interface items it describes.  From the Python interpreter,
    for example, you can walk right up to an interface and ask it for its
    *names*::

      >>> User.names()
      ['getUserName', 'getFavoriteColor', 'getPassword']

      % Anonymous User - Nov. 18, 2002 11:39 pm:
       Where did User come from? This might be better using Hello, or SmartHello.

      % Anonymous User - May 8, 2004 6:59 am:
       I think the following line is missing:
       from AccessControl import User
       But I can't access User.names() anyway...