[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Users and Security

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Mon May 24 16:38:43 EDT 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Security.stx#2-46

---------------

    For Page Templates the syntax is a bit different, but the behavior
    is the same::

      <form action="upload"
        tal:condition="python: modules['AccessControl'].getSecurityManager().checkPermission('Add Documents, Images, and Files', here)">
      </form>

      % Anonymous User - Mar. 23, 2004 7:59 am:
       This code breaks the whole page layout making it very hard to read.

      % Anonymous User - May 24, 2004 4:38 pm:
       If you put a newline after the open paren following "checkPermission" and before the single quote of 'Add
       Docu...', it will remain syntatically correct python but would fix the page layout issues that multiple
       people have complained about. (I see the point of their complaints... I can only use this page well because I
       have a small/medium font on a 1600x1200 display. If I were on a 1024x768 screen, this page would require
       horizontal scrolling for every line. Very bad form.