[ZODB-Dev] SecureServerStorage and SecureClientStorage

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 09:00:15 -0400

> 2. It's authenticated per connection id (storage_id). I don't know if
> this is optimal. Isn't it possible that an attacker can send bogus
> connection ids and access the storage unauthenticated (this is only
> possible under a few microsecond on a relatively fast machine, since
> it's dropped just after it's checked).

Since you do this by overriding register(), you should be safe.  As
long as register() hasn't been called the ZEOStorage instance doesn't
have a storage attached to it -- individual requests do not specify
the storage id.