[ZODB-Dev] SecureServerStorage and SecureClientStorage

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:25:13 -0400

> Jeremy/Guido, would there be a nicer way of providing a hook for
> authentication; perhaps by subclassing the stub and providing it to
> the storage constructor?

Hm, maybe we should adopt as general principle that whenever a class
instantiates another class (and we think it might be useful to
subclass that class to provide additional functionality), it doesn't
use that other class directly, but uses a reference to that class
stored on the current class.

In the case you're asking about, this would apply to the classes
ClientCache, StorageServer [the stub], and probably also to
ConnectionManager (imported from ZEO.zrpc.client).

It's an easy change, and I'll do this on the trunk.  But Jeremy is so
close with the beta2 release that I propose not to hold up that
release.  It'll be in the final release though.