[ZODB-Dev] SecureServerStorage and SecureClientStorage

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:49:16 -0300

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:25:13PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Hm, maybe we should adopt as general principle that whenever a class
> instantiates another class (and we think it might be useful to
> subclass that class to provide additional functionality), it doesn't
> use that other class directly, but uses a reference to that class
> stored on the current class.

Sounds sane, and it would make customizations (like this one) which are
helpful more straightforward.

> In the case you're asking about, this would apply to the classes
> ClientCache, StorageServer [the stub], and probably also to
> ConnectionManager (imported from ZEO.zrpc.client).  It's an easy
> change, and I'll do this on the trunk.  But Jeremy is so

Thanks, that would be awesome. Hope to see this final release soon!

I have a question. What would be an acceptable mechanism for
Authentication so we could make something that could be rolled up as
part of the ZEO distribution? We've seen many requests for
authentication over the years, and though this approach isn't the most
featureful, it does work. We'd love to provide something that did work
for many people, and Johan at the moment has the cycles free to work on
it.

Does anybody (*wink*) have the time to look and maybe suggest some
changes so we could implement something generically useful and
acceptable for inclusion?

Take care,