[ZODB-Dev] SecureServerStorage and SecureClientStorage

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:55:50 -0400

> I have a question.  What would be an acceptable mechanism for
> Authentication so we could make something that could be rolled up as
> part of the ZEO distribution?  We've seen many requests for
> authentication over the years, and though this approach isn't the
> most featureful, it does work.  We'd love to provide something that
> did work for many people, and Johan at the moment has the cycles
> free to work on it.
>
> Does anybody (*wink*) have the time to look and maybe suggest some
> changes so we could implement something generically useful and
> acceptable for inclusion?

Given what Jeremy said about the ZODB 3.1 and 3.2 release schedules,
and the care one has to take when offering anything that claims to
provide some form of security, I think it's better to schedule this
for the 3.2 release.

I don't have cycles free myself ATM.