[ZODB-Dev] SecureServerStorage and SecureClientStorage

Sat, 5 Oct 2002 08:50:36 +0100

On Friday 04 Oct 2002 5:25 pm, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Hm, maybe we should adopt as general principle that whenever a class
> instantiates another class (and we think it might be useful to
> subclass that class to provide additional functionality), it doesn't
> use that other class directly, but uses a reference to that class
> stored on the current class.

Over the last few months I have been refactoring one of our internal proj=
ects=20
that used to use this idiom. One problem is that you often have to create=
=20
more derived classes than you might think is necessary; the purpose of th=
e=20
extra classes is solely to change the type of the classes it creates.