[ZODB-Dev] SecureServerStorage and SecureClientStorage

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:10:11 -0300

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:12:11AM -0700, Greg Jarman wrote:
>  CR> Does anybody (*wink*) have the time to look and maybe suggest
>  CR> some changes so we could implement something generically useful
>  CR> and acceptable for inclusion?
>
> I added a simple authenticator to the Standalone distribution several
> months ago. It authenticates both the client to the server and the
> server to the client using a chap-like method (the passwords are never
> sent across the network).

Ah, nice. Jeremy, what's you take on this? You said you were going to
have a look..

> To test it:
> 1. Patch StorageServer.py and ClientStorage.py

I'm taking a look at it. By the way, with Guido's recent change it is
probably very easy to implement this using subclasses of
StorageServer/ClientStorage and not require a patch. Are you game for
trying this?

Take care,