[ZODB-Dev] SecureServerStorage and SecureClientStorage

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 10:45:07 -0400

> Is the following patchup done just because of the order the classes are
> declared? If so, is it just to keep cvs annotate and diff nicer? :-)
>
>     # Patch up class references
>     StorageServer.ZEOStorageClass = ZEOStorage
>     ZEOStorage.DelayedCommitStrategyClass = DelayedCommitStrategy
>     ZEOStorage.ImmediateCommitStrategyClass = ImmediateCommitStrategy

I suppose so.  But I happen to believe that the classes are currently
presented in the "right" order (top-down) and I hate moving stuff
around because of this kind of dependencies.

> One side-effect is that your idiom makes the class name lookup a bit
> faster as it is done in a restricted scope (instead of searching for
> ConnectionManagerClass in the global scope, f.i.)

Given the amount of work that is done per class lookup in this case, I
don't think that's a deciding factor. :-)

> Wow, that was fast. Thanks. Let me wake Johan up.

Isn't he in Europe?  He should've been up for hours.