[ZODB-Dev] How to avoid shooting my foot

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:41:46 -0400

Casey Duncan wrote:
> I wonder if it would be useful to have a specific ZODB debug mode which
> flushed objects from the cache on every write. To flush out problems such as
> this immediately. I guess this still wouldn't catch cases where you changed
> *only* a mutable value in place, unless the mode could also hook Python such
> that these changes were recorded and triggered an exception on commit. I'm
> thinking the latter is not possible though or we wouldn't have this problem.

Well, for the former, you can just set the ZODB target cache size to 0.
  In Zope, you can do this in the control panel.  The performance hit
might be acceptable during development.

I'm not sure what you're saying in the latter part. :-)

Shane