[ZODB-Dev] ZEO 2 extension methods

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:33:05 +0000

Now that ZODB 3.1 is out the door (woohoo) I would like re-raise the ques=
tion=20
of storage extension methods in ZEO.

The patch below implements the interface that was wanted by everyone (exc=
ept=20
me, originally), and I would like to merge it with the trunk:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dirstorage/DirectoryStorag=
e/doc/extension.diff?rev=3D1.

The biggest docstring in the patch is:

        """getExtensionMethods - A new storage API method.

        This returns a dictionary whose keys are names of extra methods
        provided by this storage. Storage proxies (such as ZEO) should
        call this method to determine the extra methods that they need
        to proxy in addition to the standard storage methods.
        Dictionary values should be None; this will be a handy place
        for extra marshalling information, should we need it
        """