[ZODB-Dev] no ZODB3-3.1.win32-py2.1.exe

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:36:53 -0500

[Sean Upton]
> Why? Likely for the same reason that HTML-messages don't usually show up on
> this list.  Please don't post in HTML.
>
> Have you considered just getting ZODB from Zope 2.6.0 Windows binaries???
>
> If you really need bleeding-edge beyond that, I suggest using the source and
> the (unfortunately) costly compilers necessary on said crippled platform to
> compile it...

Why so grumpy, Sean?  Why so hostile against HTML mail?  He *did*
include a text part as well, so I don't see there was anything wrong
with what he did.  Remember that most people don't have much control
over their mailer.  We're not all sysadmins.

The idea of getting ZODB from Zope 2.6.0 is a good one, but it is
lacking ZEO.

I think that it's a great idea to make a Python 2.1 Windows binary
available as well, if it's not too much trouble for "whoever" has to
make it.