[ZODB-Dev] no ZODB3-3.1.win32-py2.1.exe

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:52:20 -0800

Sorry to be so hostile...didn't mean to be so grumpy.  I'm not really
offended at multi-part messages, but I guess I'm really irritated at my own
MTA (O2k/Exchange that happens to be the corporate mail standard where I
work) for not allowing me to reply in plain text (strangely, Outlook2k
disables switching from HTML to plain-text in certain circumstances for
composing a reply message). I was trying to respond with the Zope 2.6
suggestion, and I ended up taking a gripe with my own software and directed
it elsewhere - for that I apologize.

Anyway, since there is no C code in ZEO2, pulling out ZODB from Zope 2.6,
then installing ZEO2 separately should work, I think.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Guido van Rossum [mailto:guido@python.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 6:37 PM
To: sean.upton@uniontrib.com
Cc: grolgh@online.no; zodb-dev@zope.org
Subject: Re: [ZODB-Dev] no ZODB3-3.1.win32-py2.1.exe

[Sean Upton]
> Why? Likely for the same reason that HTML-messages don't usually show up
on
> this list.  Please don't post in HTML.
>
> Have you considered just getting ZODB from Zope 2.6.0 Windows binaries???
>
> If you really need bleeding-edge beyond that, I suggest using the source
and
> the (unfortunately) costly compilers necessary on said crippled platform
> compile it...

Why so grumpy, Sean?  Why so hostile against HTML mail?  He *did*
include a text part as well, so I don't see there was anything wrong
with what he did.  Remember that most people don't have much control
over their mailer.  We're not all sysadmins.

The idea of getting ZODB from Zope 2.6.0 is a good one, but it is
lacking ZEO.

I think that it's a great idea to make a Python 2.1 Windows binary
available as well, if it's not too much trouble for "whoever" has to
make it.