[ZODB-Dev] George Bailey'd objects cause failure in FileStorage._loadBack

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:40:40 -0500

On 31 October 2002, Toby Dickenson said:
> Hmmm. For diagnosic purposes, would it be a useful to have:
>
> class POSGeorgeBaileyKeyError(POSKeyError):
>     pass
>
> ?

I hope you were kidding about the name.  Cute, culturally-referent names
are OK on mailing lists, but not in code.  (For the record, I'm a
white-bread middle-class North American just like Barry, but I had no
idea who George Bailey was until this thread came along!)  How about
ObjectUncreatedError?  (Sprinkle in "POS" and "Key" as you see fit, but
I don't know what POS stands for and I don't see what they add.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org