[ZODB-Dev] George Bailey'd objects cause failure in FileStorage._loadBack

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:40:20 -0500

Greg Ward wrote:
> On 31 October 2002, Toby Dickenson said:
>
>>Hmmm. For diagnosic purposes, would it be a useful to have:
>>
>>class POSGeorgeBaileyKeyError(POSKeyError):
>>    pass
>>
>>?
>

> I hope you were kidding about the name.  Cute, culturally-referent names
> are OK on mailing lists, but not in code.  (For the record, I'm a
> white-bread middle-class North American just like Barry, but I had no
> idea who George Bailey was until this thread came along!)  How about
> ObjectUncreatedError?  (Sprinkle in "POS" and "Key" as you see fit, but
> I don't know what POS stands for and I don't see what they add.)

You guys are too productive.  You don't watch enough TV, especially
during the Christmas holidays. :-)  "It's a Wonderful Life" used to be
on several stations, nearly every day, every holiday season, until
someone asserted copyright.  Now whichever network has it shows it only
once per season.

POS = Persistent Object System.

Shane