[ZODB-Dev] Multi-version concurrency control

Chris McDonough chrism at zopemafia.com
Wed Oct 1 00:44:09 EDT 2003

I just made some checkins to a branch of the HEAD named
chrism-zserver-connection-policies-branch which could serve as an idea
of one way to allow users to set connection policies in a coarse-grained
way by associating them with a particular server port via ZConfig.  This
would serve for many purposes.

- C

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 00:04, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 10:15, Casey Duncan wrote:
> > On Friday 26 September 2003 11:41 am, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> > > I've posted a first draft of the project plan in the Wiki.
> > > http://www.zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/MultiVersionConcurrencyControl
> >
> > Another (related) question: How does all of this effect _p_independent? Is it
> > still relevent with MVCC? I suspect it is, but it certainly becomes more
> > subtle.
>
> In my strawcrow implementation, _p_independent() is always honored in
> place of MVCC.  That is, if you've got an independent thingy, you always
> get the current version of it.  I've never used the _p_independent()
> hack, so I'm not sure whether that makes sense.
>
> If you've got a sensible use of it, we should get it into the test suite
> and make sure it works with the real MVCC implementation.
>
> Jeremy

Chris McDonough <chrism at zope.com>
Zope Corporation