[ZODB-Dev] Data.fs without content but 1.8GB diskspace

Harald Koschinski harald.koschinski at friatec.de
Wed Oct 1 04:05:51 EDT 2003

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Harald Koschinski wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a big 3.5 GB Data.fs in production use. Because of trouble
>> with the migration to Zope 2.6.2 (from 2.4.4) I tried to pack the
>> database. But there was no significat reduction of the filesize. So I
>> deleted nearly erverything in that file (using zmi) and packed it
>> again. The final size of that Data.fs is now 1.8 GB - this can not be.
>>
>> Are there tools available to analyse / fix the file / problem ??
>

> If you export the contents of the 1.8 GB database to a file using the
> ZMI, does it generate a 1.8 GB file?  Try it.

How can I try this - there is nearly nothing in the root - just some
dtml-scripts and products.
As far as I know is there no way to export the whole content in one step
- or is there a way to do this?
That's one reason why we have the whole content in one folder called
"content" - and this folder is dropped.

Harald