[ZODB-Dev] POSKeyError on startup

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Oct 2 17:01:43 EDT 2003

Eoin Curran wrote at 2003-10-2 11:10 +0100:
 > My Data.fs got corrupted. This happened when I was adding a new
 > user to acl_users. Now I am getting the following on startup:
 >
 > 2003-10-02T10:43:06 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
 > POSKeyError: 0000000000000006
 >
 > I've run fsrecovery, which has not helped.
 >
 > I'm running 2.6.2. I have also tried to load the Data.fs using
 > 2.7.0-b2, with the same problem.
 >
 > I've also tried the hints given at:
 > http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1054240694
 > but I get the same error on the app() call.

Interesting...

Several Plone users (3 within the last 6 weeks or so)
reported similar behaviour.
Apparently, there is some hole which leads to inconsistent
writes especially in the Plone environment.

Hopefully, you did not yet pack your "Data.fs" (or have
the original "Data.fs.old" still around).

Please try to compress your "Data.fs" (or "Data.fs.old", in case
your have packed) with "bzip2". If the result is not much bigger
than about 100 kB, you send me the "Data.fs.[old.]bz2" for analysis.

Dieter