[ZODB-Dev] new-style class status

John Belmonte jvb at prairienet.org
Sat Oct 18 18:31:03 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'd like to know what the status of the zodb33-devel-branch is, and to
get some idea when a new-style class implementation will at least be
hobbling well enough for us mortals to use it.

I'm trying to make my application free of write conflicts, and have a
lot of mixed operations between scalar amounts that need conflict
resolution and regular numbers.  I've prototyped a scalar class that
works like a builtin number and is a Persistent object that can do
conflict resolution (as long as you stick to operators like +=, etc.),
but of course extension class comparison operators are broken.

My app is only in development so I don't mind working with an unstable
ZODB, and may have some time to offer if there is anything I can do to
get this ZODB improvement moving.

-John

--
http:// if   le.o  /