[ZODB-Dev] plans for ZODB4 and Zope3

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Sat Oct 18 20:48:09 EDT 2003

[Garrett Smith]
> Jim Fulton mentioned in IRC recently that Zope3 would, at some point,
> be moving over to ZODB3.

That matches what I've heard.

> What is the status of ZODB4?

Jeremy and I haven't worked on it for months, and have no current plans to
resume work on it.  Within Zope Corp, ZODB4 has lost to higher priorities
for a long time.  I don't know whether any people outside Zope Corp plan to
work on it.

> Are there new features in v4 that will be moved into upcoming
> releases of v3?

Probably.  zodb33-devel-branch of ZODB3 was a start at merging ZODB4
features into ZODB3, mostly playing nicer with modern Python features
(new-style classes, new iteration protocol, new __contains__ protocol).
That's a lower priority now than the ZOBD3 mvcc branch(es).