[ZODB-Dev] new-style class status

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Mon Oct 20 10:56:41 EDT 2003

[Tim Peters]
>> I see Jim Fulton checked in some new stuff on that branch today
>> (Sunday), so it's got his current attention.

[John Belmonte]
> I'm not seeing this on the cvs web interface.  Perhaps there is a
> delay.

No delay, but it's a bit convoluted because ZODB3's zodb33-devel-branch got
rid of ZODB3's traditional ExtensionClass directory.  Jim is effectively
putting it back in, but so far it only shows up on the zodb33-devel-branch
tag of the Zope (not ZODB3) module.  Go to

    http://cvs.zope.org/query

Enter

    zodb33-devel-branch

in the "CVS Branch box", and select the "In the last day" radio button.
That will find Sunday's relevant checkins.  The log message:

    New-style ExtensionClass, in C.

    This is an initial cut. The next step is to start converting some of
    the old EC extensions, like Acquisition and Persistent.

Jeremy/Jim, what kind of magic is needed to make this new code appear in a
checkout of the ZODB3 module (using the zodb33-devel-branch revision)?