[ZODB-Dev] new-style class status

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Wed Oct 22 07:38:08 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 05:00:35AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >Well, IndexedCatalog's IndexedObject is a Persistent class, and it
> >derives from ExtensionClass, so it would be nice to keep some sort of
> >compatibility.
>
> Does it use any ExtensionClass features?
>
> > Then again, if it's a trivial port, it may not be worth
> >it.
>
> Assuming that you aren't using any ExtensionClass features,
> It's a question of changing a "P" to a "p".

Well, it's implemented as a C extension. IIRC Johan implemented it by
looking at the Persistent and *BTree extensions and setting up the
ExtensionClass up in an analogous fashion. I don't think we *use* any EC
features beyond being able to "subclass" Persistent in C (which is now
possible with new-style Objects).

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 261 2331