[ZODB-Dev] want transaction end hook

John Belmonte jvb at prairienet.org
Sat Oct 25 10:35:23 EDT 2003

Stefan H. Holek wrote:
> IIRC, Steve Alexander's TransactionAgents allow you to do that.
>
> <http://www.cat-box.net/steve/TransactionAgents>

That's interesting, thanks for directing me to it.

The TransactionAgent code seems very fragile and is a perfect example of
why we need some hooks in ZODB.  For example, it assumes that
Connection.sync() calls the public abort method to end a transaction
rather than making some internal call, and therefore is relying on
implementation details of ZODB.

Adding hooks to support things like TransactionAgent was discussed at
one point [1], but it appears that nothing became of it.

-John

   [1] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2001-July/001193.html

--
http:// if  ile.o g/