[ZODB-Dev] Our sad experience with filestorage (use DirectoryStorage?)

panjunyong panjy at zopechina.ods.org
Fri Jan 16 04:01:20 EST 2004

>I designed DirectoryStorage to soothe my nervousness in this area. If there is
>any area where DirectoryStorage is ahead, this is it.

Yes, I heard about this.
But I am not sure if DirectoryStorage is stable enough? Does it has
similar problem?
And may be it is not so easy to backup. (Filestorage is just a file)

>>2. size of ZODB will double when add some documents.
>>the zodb jumped to about 3G when we added some document today
>>

>It jumped by about 1.5G, but you dont say what size of documents you added.

Sorry.
We found it is because of a strange uploaded file(45M). After we deleted
it and packed, the DB size
went back to 1.5G. After that we upload it again. And the DB size didn't
jump this time. sign...

>>Note: we patched zope bad_id to make zope object id support Chinese
>>Character. Is this the reason that Filestorage works wrong?
>>

>no

We upload the file via webdav, the filename contains Chinese character,
so we doubt about this.

thanks for answering.

--
panjunyong