[ZODB-Dev] APE 0.8 & 0.81 Not Working with Zope 2.7 and Wi ndows Service

J.Y.Lee at tw.ul.com J.Y.Lee at tw.ul.com
Mon Jul 5 03:33:49 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I had asked for help for this problem through plone user group without
results. Could someone help me on this?

Best regards,

JY

====================

J Y Lee wrote:
> Platform: Python 2.3.3, Zope 2.7.0 (using different installation of
python
> 2.3.3), plone 2.03, Ape 0.81, Windows 2000 service pack 3.
>
> Problem:
>
> Ape works perfectly with the above (and inside plone) by invoking
runzope.bat
> in Windows DOS CMD window. However, when I try to run zope as service in
> Window 2000, it failed. (By removing the APE configuration from
zope.conf,
> it works fine as window service.)
>
> Does anyone know what happened? And how to fix it?

I don't know what the reason was, but I found similar symptoms after
installing
the pre-packaged Plone on a Windows 2000 (service pack 3) machine that was
running IIS.  Ape was never explicitly involved (I do not believe it ships
with the Plone installer).

Although invoking runzope.bat worked fine and delivered content perfectly,
attempting to start the Windows service failed completely. Unfortunately
it was some time ago and I did not record the error message.

The machine is due to have Plone installed on it again in the near future,
so if the symptoms appear again I will take another look.

Does anybody have any pointers on how to go about diagnosing such a fault?
Just so I'm prepared ;-)

--
Sorry to have not helped,
Robert Hunter

-- For more information about UL, its Marks, and its services for
EMC, quality registrations and product certifications for global
markets, please access our web sites at http://www.ul.com and
http://www.ul-asia.com, or contact your local sales representative. --

*********  Internet E-mail Confidentiality Disclaimer  **********

This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disclose, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or rely upon this
message or attachment in any way.  If you received this e-mail
message in error, please return by forwarding the message and
its attachments to the sender.

Underwriters Laboratories Inc. and its affiliates do
not accept liability for any errors, omissions, corruption
or virus in the contents of this message or any attachments that
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.